I spent years avoiding Gold jewellery, looking back I’m not even sure that I can put a reasoning behind it. I mean I’ve always loved jewellery but somehow, I missed the Gold Jewellery buzz train and love fest. Instead I always felt like gold jewellery didn’t look any good with my skin tone. However, that all changed however a few years ago when a friend brought me a simply beautiful gold necklace as a birthday gift. Now, I can’t get enough of it.
Here are a couple of common sense tips to help you always look your best when wearing your Gold bling ladies;
- Keep it simple and uncluttered – a well-chosen single thin gold chain with an interesting finish (pendant, feature piece etc) can easily create a timelessly classic look. A couple of different lengths of thin gold chains can really make your outfit pop and elevate your look to a whole new level of style and modern sophistication.
- Don’t be scared to try different types of gold – rose gold is a particular favourite of mine as I find it creates a softer feminine look when worn casually or with a dressier outfit. There a lots
- If you don’t love it, don’t wear it! this is one of my primary guiding fashion principles that I use for both jewellery and clothes. If I don’t absolutely love it and feel fantastic in it, I give it to charity!!! No kidding, why wear something that makes you feel uncomfortable or unattractive? These days you can’t even use budgetary constraints as an excuse as you can easily access budget clothing options when you shop online. I’m positively addicted to getting my clothes online at bargain prices. There are heaps and heaps of sites that cater to all sizes an styles that offer affordable shopping options for all budgets. One of my favourite sites Boohoo has hundreds of casual clothing options for under $20.00 or $10.00.
- Mix it up – Don’t be scared to change up your style at any given day or time. I don’t prescribe to a set style, I don’
- of different gold colours to choose from and there is bound to be a tone that suits your skin tone to perfection; try white, rose, yellow or vintage gold to change things up a little.
- t ‘identify’ myself with a particular fashion genre as its just to limiting. Sure, I can rock a goth/emo look with the best of them, but I can also change it up and go total boho girl until the wind changes then I can go the whole Stepford Wives look!! And why not? How constricting to a person’s authentic self-expression do we allow clothes and jewellery to marginalise us? I’d much rather take a looser approach and if in doubt go back to tip 3 ‘if you don’t love it don’t wear it’.
- When it comes to Gold chains, I have found it effective to have about 4 different pieces. I can mix and match, layer and adapt to whatever outfit I have on. Each chain is a different length and style with a rose gold lariat as my central piece. I also have a longer gold chain, a choker and a mid-length chain with ring feature at the centre.
No matter how you decide to wear your Gold necklaces this year, remember to be fearless and only wear what makes you feel amazing.